Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Slow Down or Stop?

A lawyer from New York City runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a NC State Trooper. Being from New York, he thinks that he is smarter than the NC Trooper because he is sure that he has a better education. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Trooper's expense...

Trooper says, "License and registration, please."

Lawyer says "What for?"

Trooper says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign."

Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."

Trooper says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please."

Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"

Trooper says, "The difference is, you have to come to a complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!"

Lawyer says, "If you can show me the difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket, if not you'll let me go and no ticket."

The Trooper says, "All right then Sir, exit your vehicle please."

At this point, the Trooper takes out his nightstick and starts beating the heck out of the lawyer and says: "Do you want me to stop, or just slow down?"

No comments: